Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Eating and Drinking here and there in London












One of the absolute best places for food in London is The Borough Markets. I went there the first weekend I was in London. It totally amazed me by the top quality food that's sold there. Seriously, it's not the usual markets you'd find in Hong Kong. It's like the best produce you can find around London (well in my opinion anyway!). There's oysters, cold crabs, a variety of seafood, burgers, cheese, brownies, smoothies, chorizo sandwiches, olives, truffle oils, vinegars... etc etc etc basically any type of yummy food - you name it!

Things that I go for normally are:
> Oysters (a definite MUST). There is an asian guy there opening the oysters for you. If you are friendly to him and chat to him in Chinese he might even give you a discount!
> Chorizo + Rocket Sandwich (it is definitely worth the wait!). I;ve only had this twice because there is always a massively long cue there. It is worth the wait.. but I'm normally in a hurry back home to eat my cold crabs! Hee Hee
> Smoothies (it's made with PURE fruit). Unlike the smoothies in Australia, this is made with 100% fruit, with NO ice cream or milk! VERY healthy! It's not cheap though - about 3.50-4.50 pounds
> Creme Caramel (1 pound can buy you happiness for a day). This is a small jar of creme caramel that I have to have every time I'm at the market.
> Cold Crabs (really worth the price given the amount of crab roe there is inside). I buy a few of these cold crabs everytime I'm at the market. It's already cooked and it's been in the fridge. You eat it cold.. and you scoop up the crab roe with your spoon endlessly!
> Burgers. When I'm at the market, we normally buy the food back home to eat. But we normally fill ourself up with a Burger before heading home! There is no way you can resist a burger at the markets because you'll smell it from a mile!
> Cheese. The one they have on the sampling tray is the yummiest! I try not to get it all the time though, because it's heavy on the waist line.



No comments:

Post a Comment